Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.



Friday, August 26, 2016

500th Dive on the Brac with Lady Go Divers!

Do you like this post?

It was time to head to Grand Cayman for my yearly trip with the Lady Go Divers.  I had to leave a day early and spend the night on Grand Cayman before flying to the Brac.  Cecilia, my roommate came in early so we had a couple days to relax, settle in, and chill out. Beth and Bonnie showed up the next day and the rest of the group arrived on Saturday.

Cecilia, Bonnie, Beth, and I rented a car on Saturday and toured the island with the most interesting stop at the home of Mr. Foots, a well know Brac resident.  He is in the process of building an Atlantis scene underwater on the island.
 
Diving started on Sunday morning bright and early.  We had Tom and Caz for the week as our divemasters...they were great and the valet dving was a nice touch!  We usually had three dives a day, then pool time before drinks and dinner.
During the week we went to Little Cayman and got to dive Bloody Bay Wall..it was nice, but the ride over and back was pretty rough.  We also had a chance to dive the Tibbett's wreck during the week and it was interesting to see the changes since I was there last.
It was during our week of diving that I made my 500th dive!  The crew drew a special board noting my accomplishment and the Lady Go Divers squirted me with little toys furnished by Patty.  It was a fun day!

As usual Cecilia and I had a great time....lots of laughs! 
The great trip came to an end with Cayman Airlines cancelling our flights out of the Brac....causing most of us to miss our flights back to the USA.  We spend most of the day in the Brac airport before flying out about 6:30 pm.  A group of six of us got hotel rooms in Grand Cayman, went out for a really nice dinner at Luca, and flew home the next day. 
It was a great week sharing lots of laughs!

No comments: