Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.



Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Eat, Drink, and be Maui!

Do you like this post?


Our trip is almost over and we are trying to squeeze in a few more adventures. I got up this morning and decided to do one more whale watching trip in hopes of getting some better photos. Dale decided to stick around the cottage and relax, so off I went to Lahaina. I got on an early trip, but didn't see much action, a few moms and babies swimming around. Shopping was my next goal, so I hit the stores on Front Street and got a few things to take home.
We fixed lunch and enjoyed it on the lanai of our cottage before heading out to drive to the summit of Haleakala at almost 10,000 ft., a dormant volcano. The drive was easy, at least the road had two marked lanes all the way up, no hanging off the edge of a cliff. We drove past the clouds and found the summit to be clear with some great views. The wind was blowing and it was a brisk 55 degrees, but clear. I tried to take some photos to show the beauty of the spot, while Dale walked around checking things out.

Dale decided that I should drive down, so he could nap.....so I grabbed the keys and off we went.
Our little car was easy to drive and handled well, so I zipped down the road while Dale got his beauty rest. I'm sure he had one eye on the road at all times.....but I think my driving skills surprised him. We made it back to our cottage and began to think about packing up and heading home. Dinner was at C. J.'s Deli and Diner, pretty good food with huge portions. Our last stop of the day was on Front Street in Lahaina where we checked out a few shops. It was then time to head back and start the packing process.
Tomorrow we have a plane booked for a flight around the whole island with Maui Air, hope for clear skies and clam winds. After our flight we will grab some lunch, turn in our rental car and head to the airport at Maui for our flight to Honolulu, then Houston.

No comments: