Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.



Friday, October 19, 2007

Last Day in Huatulco

Do you like this post?


Dawn came to Huatulco after a stormy very windy night, a few clouds dotted the sky, but the sun was shinning. Rebecca and Hugo arrived on Rebecca's scooter and prepared a light breakfast for us. We decided to try La Entrega again, since it sits in a protected cove. We packed our gear and called a taxi for the trip. We arrived to find calm water and not much of a crowd at the beach. We picked a table at one of the local restaurants. I decided to try snorkeling, got my snorkel gear and camera hoping to get some pics. Dale decided he would hold down the beach and catch up on his reading. I found the water ice cold as I entered the water, wow was it cold! It was so cold it almost took my breath away. I swam out , made my way into the cave to try and get pictures. The tide was high and the wave action made it hard to get a good shot. I swam over the reef, but didn't find anything exciting, besides I was beginning to turn blue. Swam back into shore and was eager to tell Dale how he missed the cold water. I guess the storm that had been blowing stirred up the currents and made the water so cold.
We ordered lunch, fish for both of us, I tried a margarita..............................thought it would warm me up. After lunch we just laid around the beach, read, watched all the families that had arrived and talked with some young folks from Colorado. We stayed at La Entrega until four and then grabbed a taxi---driven by a NASCAR driver I'm sure, back to the Villa.
Rebecca greeted us with some fresh guacamole and chips. Of course we had to eat again.
We had time before dinner to lay down and rest, I cleaned my camera and downloaded the photos.
Tomorrow we head home, as another trip to Huatulco comes to an end. Carlos will take us to the airport for our flight to Houston. Rebecca will prepare a light lunch before she sends us on our way, she always takes care of us. Hope the weather is good tomorrow for our flight.

No comments: