Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.



Sunday, December 30, 2007

DPV DIVE

Do you like this post?

Well yesterday we headed to the JADS Dive Shop for my DPV dive - Dive Propulsion Device with Walter. After gearing up we headed out to the reef for my introduction to the Apollo. At first, Walter drove the scooter and I held on to a wing until the got on the other side of the reef. Walter demonstrated out to operate the device and then it was my turn. At first, I started out kinda slow, apprehensive, but soon I got the hang of it and off I went. Wow, was it a kick! I cruised up and down the reef, circling back often to make sure Walter was around. The current was pretty strong and
going with the current I felt like I was flying.
We stayed out about 45 minutes and then
headed back in to the dive shop. The current
had carried us down the reef and we had a
tricky exit from the water.
After my dive, Dale and I headed over to Mango Halto for a reef drift snorkel. We geared up and headed out at Rocky Beach, swimming until we got on the other side of the reef, then it was pretty much floating and drifting with the current. Our snorkel trip lasted about 45 minutes to an hour before we swam into shore and got out of the water. We were starving so we headed to La Granja for lunch---grilled chicken and ribs.
Later that evening I talked Dale into going up toward the lighthouse for the fireworks show. It was a Zoo, traffic was terrible, we were sure we would see a bad accident. The show didn't start until almost 11 pm, lasted about 20 mins. and was good, but getting back home in that crazy traffic took forever. We didn't get to bed until almost 1 am. The people of Aruba are crazy about fireworks! Tonight was another big fireworks show, but we decided to stay home and not battle the crowd.

No comments: