Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.



Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bungy Jump

Do you like this post?

Another day in Queenstown, NZ and after breakfast we went out on the lake on the Earnslaw, an old steamer for a short trip across the lake to the Walter Peek Sheep Farm. It was so beautiful going across the lake and I even got to go up on the bridge with the Captain, what a view! We watched sheep dogs work, very smart animals, we saw a demo of sheep shearing and then enjoyed lunch with two other couples from the USA. After lunch we came back across the lake on The Earnslaw and enjoyed a sing a long, even got them to sing "Deep in the Heart of Texas".
We headed back to our camper, filled up with diesel and then went out to the A J Hackett Bungy Jump sight outside of town at the Kawarau Bridge, the original bungy site in NZ. I signed up and got a 4 pm jump time, so we had a little wait before the big jump. Finally I got into my harness and rigging, Dale taking photos the whole time, documenting the moment for history. They called my name and I moved out on the platform, sat down and the bungy was attached around my legs just above the ankles. Now the big moment------I slowly worked my way out to the edge of the platform, waved to the camera and looked for my new hubby---Dale. I was given a brief instruction and the countdown began.....1 ----2-----3-----JUMP! Away I went, trying to do my best swan dive and not look Stupid! It was so fast, suddenly I was going up again on the bungy line and I let out a big scream, then down again, then up again and it was over. Now I was hanging upside down looking for the boat to come get me for what seemed like eternity, the guys held up a long pole and I grabbed hold and was lowered into the boat---------ALIVE!!! What a rush! I did get a T-shirt for jumping and bought a video of the event for all to see.
We headed back into town, ate leftovers we had in our little frig and chilled out for the day.
Tomorrow we leave beautiful Queenstown and drive to Mt. Cook for our next adventure.

No comments: